Unique Multi-tap Effects in a Stage-friendly Format
Proving the multi-tap concept isn’t just for delay effects, the Eventide UltraTap Multi-tap Effects Pedal also creates glitchy reverbs, undulating volume swells, and never-before-heard modulation effects. With little to no feedback, UltraTap is perfect for creating epic lead guitar tones that don’t get blurry or washed out by delay trails. Crank up the feedback and you’re in ambient bliss, with the ability to generate cascades of sound and swelling soundscapes you simply can’t achieve with a typical delay pedal. And for maximum creative control, you can assign any combination of parameters to the expression pedal input for real-time manipulation. Factor in the Eventide Device Manager application for creating and saving your own custom presets, and you’ve got a lifetime of sonic textures to explore with the Eventide UltraTap Multi-tap Effects Pedal.
Next-generation multi-tap effects, 40 years in the making
Given the launch of their SP2016 effects processor in 1981, Eventide is no stranger to multi-tap delay algorithms. Their Digiplex and MultiTap delay algorithms evolved into the H3000’s UltraTap algorithm, which is now available both as a plug-in and as an algorithm for their acclaimed H9 processor. The UltraTap Multi-tap Effects Pedal packs all this creative potential into a guitarist-friendly stompbox with plenty of knobs and a pair of footswitches, equipping you with a studio-quality effects processor that’s streamlined for the stage.
Up to 64 taps for delays, chorus, and reverb
The UltraTap Multi-tap Effects Pedal lets you configure up to 64 delay taps, and rhythmic delay trails are just the start. Use the inventive Slurm control to smear the taps together, which will then morph into reverb and even chorus as the taps converge. Taps can be modulated with LFO shapes or envelope shaping, creating incredibly dynamic effects that dance with the nuances of your playing. If you’re the type of musician who finds inspiration in delay effects, Sweetwater is sure you’ll have an album’s worth of musical ideas after a few hours with the Eventide UltraTap.
Powerful processor for synths
While the UltraTap’s stompbox format is perfect for guitarists, it’s a natural fit for synthesists, too — especially for creating a stereo soundscape from mono synths. To accommodate your keyboards and synth modules, the UltraTap’s input can be switched from instrument level to line level for maximum fidelity and low-noise operation. It even supports MIDI control via the expression pedal input with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box (not included). Whether you’re using it live or in your studio, the Eventide UltraTap Multi-tap Effects Pedal opens up sonic vistas you won’t conjure anywhere else.
Eventide UltraTap Multi-tap Effects Pedal Features:
- Generate unique multi-tap effects that range from delays and reverbs to chorus and volume modulation
- Onboard LFOs and envelopes add movement and dynamic response to your effects
- Perfect for creating rhythmic delays, choppy stutter effects, reverbs that morph into chorus and back, and much more
- Save up to 5 onboard presets, with more available via Eventide Device Manager software
- Switchable mono/stereo output, with complete control over stereo placement of each tap
- Switchable guitar/line level operation accommodates guitars, synths, and tracks from your DAW
- Active switch can be configured as a latching or momentary footswitch
- Connect an expression pedal or MIDI-over-TRS for advanced control over any combination of parameters
- 4 bypass options (buffered, relay, DSP+FX, kill dry) to fit practically any application
- Pedal Type:Delay
- Presets:5 x User (onboard)
- Max Delay Time:4 seconds
- Tap Tempo:Built-in Footswitch
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″
- Outputs:2 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O:USB
- Other I/O:1 x 1/4″ (expression/MIDI)
- USB:1 x Type Mini-B
- Bypass Switching:Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, Kill dry
- Software:Eventide Device Manager (PC, Mac)
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:1.06 lbs.