“Appears UNPLAYED & UNTOUCHED MINT = V: M C: NM/M = Ultrasonic Cleaned on Kirmuss machine for superior audio and sonics! 1977 Pressing has small Promo hole. “
- Alto Saxophone- James Spaulding
- Bass- Ron Carter
- Design [Cover]- Reid Miles
- Drums- Joe Chambers
- Flugelhorn- Alan Shorter
- Liner Notes- Nat Hentoff
- Photography By [Cover Photo]- Francis Wolff
- Piano- Herbie Hancock
- Producer- Alfred Lion
- Recorded By [Recording By]- Rudy Van Gelder
- Tenor Saxophone- Wayne Shorter
- Trombone- Grachan Moncur III
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn- Freddie Hubbard
Recorded on October 15, 1965.
Similar to this version [r4126713], but the version here does not have “VAN GELDER” stamped into the run out groove of any side.
Label is blue with silver text, with white stylized “B” w/ 1/8th note in middle of “B”, with “Blue Note Records Manufactured by United Artists Music and Records Group, Inc. • Los Angeles California 90028 Made In USA”
No address on back cover.
On spine: BLUE NOTE STEREO 84219
On back cover: BLP-4219 / 84219
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- “Matrix / Runout” :”BNST-84219-A”
- “Matrix / Runout” :”BNST-84219-B”
- “Rights Society” :”BMI”