Buy at eclsounds.com tax-free for $1495. We offer 0% financing via Klarna on checkout.
Hofner Senator blonde 1959 made in Germany. Looks to be completely original through and through in very good condition.
The Senator was the “working-mans” archtop in the Selmer catalogue between about 1953/54 and 1972/73 when it finally disappeared. It sat between the lowly Congress and the mid-range President in Hofner’s archtop hierarchy. Its nearest equivalent in the European/US Hofner range was the Hofner Model 455.
The main features of the Senator, carried across all variants, were: A plain (ish) Maple body top, and the use of Flame Maple veneers for body back and sides. Blonde and Brunette finish options. No body cutaway until late 1965, when a Venetian cutaway was introduced initially on electric models, and later on acoustic version. Five triple-dot fret markers. Compensator tailpiece fitted.
A great jazz guitar if there was ever one. Chunky D profile neck is straight and It plays well with flat wounds with lots of volume acoustically. Minimal fret wear.
No cracks,or seperation of any kind. It could use a professional cleaning. Will come with a gig bag case.
- Symetrical-top headstock with three-piece tortoiseshell fascia with three inlaid central dots.
- “Compensator” style tailpiece with Hofner logo stamped in. (Stamped logo is missing on this one)
- Maple laminated body top, and flame maple back and sides.
- Lower Bout width: 16.25″
- Plain white/black/white/black binding to body edges, top and bottom.
- Three piece maple/beech laminated neck.
- No binding to neck.
- 3-on-a-plate open machine heads
- Five triple dot fret markers on fingerboard.
- Flared top headstock with three-piece tortoiseshell fascia with three inlaid central dots.
- No truss rod.
- Rosewood fingerboard.
- “Compensator” style tailpiece
- Two piece “ebony” single plastic saddle bridge with only vertical adjustment.
Same guitar as in the video except ours is Blonde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0JsiKBuRm8