This instrument was hand picked at the factory in Fort Worth Tx and is
Custom Shop piece with upgraded USA electronics and full setup with polished and crowned frets.
This is much more high-end and upgraded ax that what others are selling at $649!!
What you are getting is a top of the line Blug ’61 that will play and sound beautifully right out of the box.
It has been played lightly in our shop and is one bad mo-fo!
Authentic 60s style aluminum shielding under scratchplate to reduce inducted hum and static noise.
- Reverse polarity middle position pickup plus auto bypass of dummy coil in positions 2 and 4.
- Thomas’ secret weapon – a ‘No treble loss’ condenser in the volume pot circuit.
- Switchable dummy coil for reduced hum and less glassy tone with overdrive sounds via the Thomas Blug ‘Bukka’ switch, (push-push action) on the second tone control.
- The Vintage Reissue Thomas Blug Signature Stratocaster is made with an alder body, and it features a hard maple, bolt-on neck with a 7.5” radius rosewood fingerboard and 21 frets. All the hardware is genuine Wilkinson, including the three vintage-voiced single coil pickups with aged ivory covers and Thomas’s beloved Bukka switch, which is operated by a push/push pot on the back tone control and provides a hum-cancelling, subtly tone-altering extra dummy coil when needed. And it’s all wrapped up in the beautiful Vintage Icon package, with the guitar’s body and parts all meticulously aged to simulate years of onstage use. This is a workhorse guitar with stunning tone.Features Body: Alder Neck: Hard Maple – Bolt On Fingerboard: 7 1/2″ Frets: 21 Tuners: Wilkinson® Deluxe WJ55D EZ-Lok™ Vibrato: Wilkinson® WVCD Scale: 25.5″/648mm Pickups: 3 Wilkinson® Single Coils, Aged ivory(N) WVS (M) WVSM rw/rp(B) WHCC(Back tone push/push hum-cancelling extra coil)Controls: Volume, 2 Tone, 5-Way Selector Scratchplate: 3-ply distressed Hardware: Nickel
- From Premier Guitar
- Leeds, UK (August 14, 2009) – Over recent years, many guitar enthusiasts have admired the virtuosic electric guitar style of Thomas Blug, one of Europe’s most respected players.In addition, Thomas’ work as a product development consultant and product demonstrator for Hughes & Kettner guitar amplification means he is a regular must-see feature at music expos and shows worldwide, alongside his own sought-after CD releases and tuition DVDs. He also performs with the Thomas Blug Band which includes in the line-up keyboardist Thijs Van Leer, erstwhile keyboards and flute playing mainstay of Dutch prog rock legends, Focus.Thomas has one of the most recognizable guitar sounds in the world, playing with a fluid, melodic and powerful style, and has over the years become synonymous with his much-loved and instantly recognizable electric guitar, a well-used faded Olympic White ‘61 double cutaway electric.As a player who has been the inspiration to thousands of players, Thomas chose Trev Wilkinson and UK guitar brand Vintage to prove the point that it is possible to create in a signature guitar an instrument which faithfully recreates the unique attributes of his treasured white ‘61.With its battle-scarred body, custom electronics, traditional 7.25” radius fingerboard, and personalized switching – including a unique Bukka Switch™ extra hum-cancelling coil selection facility – all added to the already exceptionally well-specc’d Vintage ReIssued Series V6 guitar, it’s a formidable tool. Players looking for a playing edge with this iconic design, and who also aspire to emulate Thomas’ spine-tingling guitar tones, can now buy exactly the same spec instrument which he uses in his day-to-day work.
“Outstanding,” comments Thomas on his Vintage V6 Signature guitar. “To have all this in an instrument which literally anyone can afford, even a first time buyer, is an unbelievable achievement. Working closely with Trev Wilkinson to translate every subtle part of my guitar has been a labor of love.”
“Working with the Vintage team has proved that there are still people in the commercial side of our business who are total ‘guitar heads’ and who really do care about producing honest instruments without compromise,” continues Thomas. “Getting the best guitars into players’ hands without emptying their wallets and bank accounts! Quite amazing, and a very special guitar.”
The Vintage Thomas Blug Signature Icon retails at about $659.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Hard Maple – Bolt On
- Fingerboard: 7 1/2″
- Frets: 21
- Tuners: Wilkinson® Deluxe WJ55D EZ-Lok™
- Vibrato: Wilkinson® WVCD
- Scale: 25.5″/648mm
- Pickups: 3 Wilkinson® Single Coils, Aged ivory
(N) WVS (M) WVSM rw/rp(B) WHCC
(Back tone push/push hum-cancelling extra coil)
Controls: Volume, 2 Tone, 5-Way Selector
- Scratchplate: 3-ply distressed
- Hardware: Nickel