We are Eclectic Sounds / aka: eclsounds – a store front in Portland, Or. We are open 7 days a week from 11 – 5 PST (by appointment)
Classic Auto-Wah Effects in EHX’s Nano Enclosure
If you’re chasing Garcia-style auto-wah sounds but are overwhelmed by the full-sized Q-Tron+ pedal’s complex control layout, the Electro-Harmonix Nano Q-Tron offers the perfect compromise. Like its pedalboard-hogging predecessor, the Nano is an envelope follower that produces dynamic-controlled wah-wah sounds. The harder you pick, the wider the frequency sweep; the softer you pick, the more subtle the effect will be. Dialing in your sound is easy with the Nano Q-Tron — a few twists of its four knobs is all you need to unleash an avalanche of funk-infused, jam-band-ready quack. You also get true-bypass switching and a rugged die-cast chassis that’s compact enough for the smallest of pedalboards. EXH is a pioneer of envelope-controlled filter effects, and the Nano springboards off that deep legacy. Players searching for a top-shelf dynamic wah effect — in a pedalboard-friendly package — will find everything they need in the Nano Q-Tron.
Streamlined, 4-knob layout
The full-sized Q-Tron+ pedal is a lot to digest — it’s a bit intimidating. That’s why Electro-Harmonix created the Nano Q-Tron. This compact stompbox is tailor-made for players who want to plug in and rip through a couple bars of “Estimated Prophet” without a ton of tweaking. The Nano Q-Tron includes a Volume knob to control your output, a Drive control that sets your sensitivity and filter sweep range, a Q control that sets the filter’s bandwidth from smooth to all-out funky, and selectable lowpass, band-pass, or highpass filters. The Nano Q-Tron is one of the easiest ways to achieve old-school auto-wah effects.
Electro-Harmonix Nano Q-Tron Envelope Filter Pedal Features:
- Smooth envelope filter pedal for classic auto-wah sounds
- Internal envelope follower analyzes your playing dynamics to determine the intensity of the wah effect
- Volume knob controls your output — great for level matching between dry and effected signals
- Drive control sets your sensitivity and filter sweep range
- Q control sets the filter’s bandwidth from smooth to all-out funky
- Selectable lowpass, band-pass, or highpass filters
- True-bypass switching doesn’t color your tone when the pedal isn’t in use
- Rugged Nano-sized chassis is compact enough for the smallest of pedalboard