We are Eclectic Sounds / aka: eclsounds – a store front in Portland, Or. We are open 7 days a week from 11 – 5 PST (by appointment)
Octave Pedal with 4 Octave Divisions, Poly and Mono Functions, Modulation, and Fuzz
Octaves, Fuzz, and Modulation in a Single Box
Octaves? Check. Modulation? Check. Fuzz? Check. MXR has a long history when it comes to octave pedals, but the Poly Blue Octave really takes it up a notch. This potent pedal comes loaded with four knobs dedicated to mixing in its quartet of octave functions: one up, two up, one down, two down. The default setting is designed for a polyphonic mode, meaning that whole chords will sound just as supple as individual notes. If you’re looking for an old-school octave sound, mono mode provides a gritty analog warmth — a sound that Sweetwater guitarists find perfect for pairing with the built-in fuzz. As if that wasn’t enough, MXR loaded the Poly Blue Octave with a modulation knob that has two distinct tones depending on whether you’re using poly or mono mode. If you’re looking for an amazingly versatile multi-effect octave pedal in a small, rugged form factor, then look no further than MXR’s Poly Blue Octave.
Pure polyphony and vintage mono grit
The Poly Blue Octave offers two separate functions for its four octave divisions: standard polyphonic, with the option to switch to mono mode. It can be a challenge to find an octave pedal that really nails a polyphonic sound, but the Poly Blue octave knocks it out of the park with a beautiful sound that’s perfect for complex chords. Plus, if you want a more classic octave sound, the Mono switch has you covered with low-octave tones that resemble the warm tones of the MXR Vintage Bass Octave pedal, and high-octave sounds that are modeled on the MXR Octavio Fuzz.
Classic modulation and fuzz tones
Depending on whether you’re using the mono or poly settings on the Poly Blue Octave, the modulation knob offers two completely distinct tones based on classic mod sounds. In poly mode, the mod knob produces a classic rotating-speaker swooshing sound. The mono setting is based on MXR’s own Phase 90 pedal — it sounds incredible paired up with the fuzz knob’s MXR Blue Box-style tone!
MXR Poly Blue Octave Pedal Features:
- 4 separate octave knobs that can be run simultaneously: 1 up, 2 up, 1 down, 2 down
- Dry level control to mix in your regular signal with pitch-shifted tones
- Polyphonic design means that chords will sound just as good as single notes
- Mono switch offers a vintage and gritty analog-style sound
- Built-in fuzz that’s inspired by the MXR Blue Box
- Dual-modulation circuit that mimics a classic Leslie-style sound in poly mode; mono mode offers sounds inspired by the MXR Phase 90
- EXP jack to connect an outboard expression pedal
- Tough metal housing with a true-bypass switch