Very close to Floating World but on back cover there is no long print below Island logo and printing company on its left.
Textured sleeve.[back cover] Ukiyo, the floating world
Living only for the moment, turning our full attention to the
pleasures of the moon, the snow, the cherry blossom and the
maple leaves, singing songs, drinking wine and diverting ourselves
just in floating, floating, caring not a whit for the pauperism
staring us in the face, refusing to be disheartened, like a gourd
floating along the river current: this is what we call Ukiyo.
Translated by Richard Lane:
“The beginnings of Modern Japanese Novel”: Kana-zoshi, 1600-1682, Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies,
℗ 1974 Island Records Ltd.
Printed in England by Robor Limited
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Center label, A-side): ILPS.9290-A
- Matrix / Runout (Center label, B-side): ILPS.9290-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched): ILPS 9290 A-1 [U G STERLING (stamped)] LH 4
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched): ILPS 9290 B-2 [U R STERLING (stamped)] 2 LH
- Other (On inner sleeve, Patent Nos.): 1.125.555. & 1.072.844.