V: NM/M / C: EX/VG+ / Ultrasonic cleaned on KLAudio machine!
- Bass Clarinet – Joseph Firrantello
- Cello – Peter Farrell
- Chorus – The Chorus Of Lost Musicians
- Clarinet – Warren Birkett
- Composed By, Supervised By [Production] – Harry Partch
- Conductor – John Garvey
- Ensemble – The University Of Illinois Musical Ensemble
- Koto – Carol Zuckerberg
- Liner Notes – Harry Partch
- Marimba [Bass] – Warren Smith
- Marimba [Diamond] – Danlee Mitchell
- Marimba [Eroica], Voice [Male Solo], Leader [Chorus] – William Olson
- Mastered By – DBH*
- Orchestra – The University Of Illinois Musical Ensemble
- Organ [Chromelodeon] – Herbert Bielawa
- Painting [Cover] – Cecile Gray Bazelon
- Percussion [Boo], Marimba [Bamboo] – Thomas Gauger
- Percussion [Cloud Chamber Bowls] – George Andrix
- Percussion [Spoils Of War] – Michael Donzella
- Photography By [Back Cover Film] – Dong Kingman, Jr.
- Piccolo Flute – Charles Delaney
- Producer – Carter Harman
- Recorded By – Lyle Dahms
- Vocals [The Witch] – Freda Schell
- Zither [Harmonic Canon (Castor)] – Georgi Mayer
- Zither [Harmonic Canon (Pollux)] – Barbara Grammar
- Zither [Kithara (Left Side)] – Jan Bach
- Zither [Kithara (Right Side)] – Sanford Berry
- Zither [Surrogate Kithara], Gong – Jack McKenzie
A dance-satire featuring musical instruments designed and built by the composer
The Bewitched was commissioned by the Fromm Music Foundation and the University of Illinois School of Music.
This release was made possible by a grant from the Alice M. Ditson Fund at Columbia University.
℗1973 Composers Recordings, Inc.
The music is published by Music Magazine (BMI)
Painting, “Stairway Unto Infinity,” courtesy Robert Schoelkopf Gallery
Recorded by Gate 5 Records at the University of Illinois at the university’s Champaign-Urbana campus in 1957.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): CRI 340-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): CRI 340-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C label): CRI 340-C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D label): CRI 340-D
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched [DBH is boxed]): MP 13 DBH CRI SD 304 A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched [DBH is boxed]): MP 13 DBH CRI SD 304 B ARC1-9-7H
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, etched [DBH is boxed]): MP 13 DBH CRI SD 304 C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, etched [DBH is boxed]): MP 13 DBH CRI SD 304 D
- Rights Society: BMI
- Other (Library of Congress #): 73-750240