Over half of this collection appears UNPLAYED and NEW. The other half is NM. Sleeve Condition EX = some light wear on the box. Book = NM.
Bill Evans – The Complete Riverside Recordings
Box Set, Compilation, Limited Edition
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Recorded At – Nola Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Reeves Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Plaza Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Bell Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Sound Makers Studio
- Recorded At – Village Vanguard
- Recorded At – Shelly’s Manne-Hole
- Compilation Producer, Producer [Original] – Orrin Keepnews
- Compiled By – Ralph Kaffel
- Design – Georgia Gillfillan
- Liner Notes – Martin Williams (6)
- Photography By – Burt Goldblatt, Donald Silverstein, Fred Seligo, Lee Tanner, Steve Schapiro
- Photography By, Cover [Front Cover Art Based On A Photograph] – Jim Marshall (3)
- Producer [Production] – Georgia Gillfillan, Jerri Linn, Zand Gee
- Recorded By [Rerecording And Tape Assembly] – Danny Kopelson
This compilation presents, on 18 LP’S, the full results of 20 recording sessions from the pivotal eight-year period (1956-63) that launched the remarkable career of Bill Evans and defined his position as one of the most significant, pace-setting jazz pianists of all time.
Here, in chronological order, are 151 performances, including the entire existing output of the legendary 1961 Village Vanguard session, as well as 17 selections from a previously unissued solo studio session and seven other unreleased items. Ranging from solo to quintet, this collection also features such major artists as Cannonball Adderley, Freddie Hubbard, Philly Joe Jones, Jim Hall, Percy Heath, Paul Chambers, Ron Carter, Zoot Sims, and Scott LaFaro.
Contains a 32-page illustrated booklet that includes rare photographs, full discographical details, an appreciation of Evans by noted critic Martin Williams, and personnal commentary on each session by producer Orrin Keepnews
Tenth and Parker
Berkeley, CA 94710
℗ 1984 Fantasy, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.