V: NM C: NM with original Rhino Lyric sleeve.
Ultrasonic Cleaned on KLAudio machine.
|A1||Big Electric Cat
|A4||The Man In The Moon||3:46|
|B2||The Lone Rhinoceros||3:57|
|B4||Adidas In Heat||2:44|
|B6||The Final Rhino
- Recorded At – Compass Point Studios
- Produced For – Macaque Inc.
- Record Company – Island Records Inc.
- Distributed By – ATCO Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Cwazy Wabbit Studio
- Recorded At – Broken Prairie Studio
- Remixed At – Kendun Recorders
- Mastered At – JVC Cutting Center
- Published By – Saiko Music Co.
- Distributed By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Specialty Records Corporation
- Mastered At – Europadisk
- Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Vocals – William Janssen*
- Bass, Bass Guitar [Fretless], Vocals – J. Clifton Mayhugh
- Engineer – Plattski*
- Engineer [Assisted By] – Rich Denhart
- Engineer [Cwazy Wabbit] – Rich Denhart
- Executive-Producer – Stan Hertzman
- Guitar, Effects, Drums, Percussion [Percussives], Lead Vocals – Adrian Belew
- Mastered By – Larry Boden, Ron Lewter
- Mastered By [Assisted By] – Terri Fiyalko
- Mixed By – The Sports Fans
- Other [Make-Up] – Chiaki Shimada
- Other [Stylist] – Yakko Takahashi
- Photography By – Sukita*
- Photography By [Rhino Photo] – Kojo Tanaka
- Piano [Acoustic], Vocals – Christy Bley
- Piano, Keyboards – Audie Belew
- Producer, Written-By, Arranged By – Adrian Belew
- Recorded By [Assisted By At Compass Point] – Benji Armbrister*
- Remix [Engineer Assisted By] – Steve Macmillan
- Remix [Engineer] – Gary Platt
1987 repressing on black label. Specialty Records pressing with metal parts supplied by Europadisk,
Recorded at Compass Point Studios
Nassau, Bahamas in August/September 1981
The rhino guitar and The Adidas High School Band were recorded at Cwazy Wabbit Studio in Springfield, Illinois
The fretless guitar in A1, and parts of B1, A5, and A4 were recorded at Broken Prairie Studio in Champaign, Illinois
remixed at Kendun Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.
mixed to JVC Digital
mastered at the JVC Cutting Center in Los Angeles, CA
All songs © 1981 Saiko Music Co. (ASCAP) [insert]
℗ © 1982 Island Records, Inc. [jacket spine]
A4 “…about the death of my father…it took 11 years and one surreal evening to put words on my feelings…”
A5 performed on Roland guitar synthesizer, wave guitar, and two cymbals
B1 performed on Fender Stratocaster
B6 “…one night in the Bahamas, while my amazed foot held down the sustain pedal, Audie Belew (age 4) played this very adult piano piece which I fell in love with…late I added the guitar, effectively producing our first father/daughter duet…”
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Label): ST-IL-824935-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Label): ST-IL-824936-SP
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Runout Etched): ST-IL824935-A 0-2 SMI-4 SP ⚡
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Runout Etched): ST-IL824936-A ⚡ 0-1 a real byte!
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped Both Sides): EDP (In Oval)
- Rights Society: ASCAP