Buy tax free! in our Portland shop or at our site: eclsounds.com with financing available through Klarna. We ship within same day – 1 business day
This is an older model and near impossible to find with a rosewood neck. 99% of G&L Tribute ASAT Specials in Black come with Maple necks.
This guitar has very minimal play wear. Clean frets, no dings.
- G&L’s quintessential single-cutaway bolt-on electric guitar
- Basswood body exhibits growling warmth with truckloads of mix-penetrating mids
- Rock-solid maple neck boasts a comfortable medium C profile
- Easy-playing 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard
- Soapbar-style single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups yield a high-octane snarl with screaming harmonics
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge ensures maximum comfort and singing sustain
- Body Shape:Tribute ASAT Special
- Body Material:Basswood
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Medium C
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5″
- Nut Width:1.625″
- Nut Material:Micarta
- Bridge/Tailpiece:G&L Saddle Lock
- Neck Pickup:Leo Fender Designed Jumbo G&L MFD Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Leo Fender Designed Jumbo G&L MFD Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way blade pickup switch
Basswood body yields a killer growling tone
The ASAT Special features a basswood body — a tonewood prized for its growling warmth and mix-piercing midrange. This electric guitar’s rock-solid maple neck boasts a comfortable medium C profile and an easy-playing 9.5”-radius fingerboard that’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The guitarists here at Sweetwater appreciate the classic playability of the ASAT Special.
Soapbar-style pickups serve up a myriad of snarling tones
If standard Magnetic Field Design single-coils are too tame for you, you’ll really dig the G&L Tribute ASAT Special’s soapbar-style pickups. These jumbo-sized pups yield more output than G&L’s regular MFD single-coils, along with an in-your-face snarl that will lend authority to every note you play. These pickups exhibit more midrange than vintage Kalamazoo-built soapbar models, while maintaining that legendary design’s coveted harmonic complexity. The ASAT Special’s neck pickup produces a gorgeous bluesy crunch, while its bridge pickup delivers maximum spank and clarity — a must for leads that cut through a busy mix. The ASAT Special’s jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups are punchy and well-focused, with truckloads of fat warmth and the perfect amount of top-end sparkle.
Leo’s favorite creations
After founding two hugely successful guitar brands and consulting on the side, Leo Fender felt that he had unfinished business in the guitar world. Together with partner George Fullerton, G&L opened for business in 1979 and incorporated innovative design elements into their instruments, such as the Magnetic Field Design pickups, Dual-Fulcrum Vibrato, Saddle-Lock Bridge, and Bi-cut neck design. Leo was so proud of his new instruments that he famously declared that G&L’s “are the best instruments I have ever made.” Play a G&L today and experience the magic for yourself.